Thursday, April 29, 2010

Iron Man 2

(Qib with Tony Stark & Iron Man)
















After a long wait, Iron Man 2 is finally out. We got lucky to be able to watch it at the premier screening 28 April 2010. Naqib was thrilled as the show was a day after his birthday and he is a big fan of Iron Man.

The movie was phenomenal. There were more fights, more droids, showcase of high techs and humor. I just love Tony Stark's lab at home. I want it too...

Robert Downey Junior clearly has blend in better in the Iron Man 2 role. Ivan Vanco, the villain is quite a disturbing character, scarier than Iron Man villain, Obadiah . I like the new character Natalia Romanova as she single handedly arm twisted a bunch of guys towards the end of the show.

As for branding, Oracle was all over the place. Oracle did a good job with its advertisement placement. There was Audi and Rolls Royce, but hmm. but the latter got cut into pieces.

(Qib with his Iron Man mask & repulsor, 2 days before his birthday)



















The only thing I thought was not evident in the movie is the theme song. Iron Man 1 theme song by Black Sabbath was strong and catchy. I am not so clear about the song for this one.

All in all a must watch and do make sure you stay until the end of credits. I believe you get to watch the sneak preview of what is next.

Lastly, look out for "Ex-Wife" & you will be humored :)

No comments: