Have you tried to plant a mango tree? I bought a very young one early last year and planted it at the back of my house. The growth hasn't been great until I relocated it to another spot. It seems to be growing taller and stronger at its new location.
But now, I have another mango tree. It was spotted right by my kitchen door a few weeks back and didn't bother to take a closer look at it. I knew it was some plant and was hoping it was a ciku. I took a closer look at it a few days back and noticed it grew from a seed. It looked like a mango seed. Interestingly, the seed was sitting right on top of the grass. I was sure I didn't put the seed there and thought about the usual suspects - the birds. This is the third plant they helped me grow. The first two were papaya trees, and both are currently bearing fruits.
The only drawback about getting voluntary help from the birds is that they tend to plant at the 'wrong' area. For example, one of the papaya trees grew right in between the Eugenia shrubs.
Look carefully at the picture below and you will see the seed. I need to find a permanent place for the plant soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment