Yes, I like watches, but not the luxury ones like Rolex, Cartier and the usual suspects. After all, I am not a part of that league. I only like unique, fresh and masculine type.
I started to look for a watch for hubby's birthday about a month ago, and found Perrelet Turbine. I have never heard of the brand before, and thought it was a cool one. I totally fell in love with the concept and design, and made further research.
I made a few inquiries but couldn't get hold of the agent in Malaysia. The number was invalid and no one responded to my email, so I contacted the Singapore agent. Of course, they came back and the price was quite steep. :)
I got lucky to have found an online seller and he happened to operate from Bangsar. We bounced a few emails to each other and he got one reserved for me. I went to take a look at it yesterday and picked it up.
Here's some pix of it.
Oh this is just the box :)
and another box in the box
Imagine wearing a watch with a spinning panel on it. Simply exciting and refreshing.
This is the Perrelet Turbine XL 1051/2 model. That's how the face looks like when the turbine spins.
Oh, there you go... :)
And here's how it looks like when the turbine is not spinning. It spins when in motion.
There is a booklet about the history of Perrelet. Quite interesting, this Perrelet family. It was Abraham-Louis Perrelet who started inventing and improvising mechanics for watches. Later, his grandson Louis Frederic Perrelet continued this mastery and made watches for 3 kings of France, all in the 1800s.
Hubby was extremely happy and wore it immediately. He looked stunning with it on as it matched the orange shirt he wore yesterday.
This is the one (Perrelet XS) I am eyeing for next. It was made public last month at the BaselWorld 2011. :)
If you are interested to get one of these, subscribe to the collector's time mailing list at http://www.collectorstime.com/, or simply contact them. I am their happy customer.
No comments:
Post a Comment