Monday, April 11, 2011

Sponsored Tree Swings & Picnic Tables for a Public-owned Pocket Garden

Finally, we got our first tree swing up last Thursday, but of course with some help from Chong. He was around to fix my other swing, and I asked him to screw the wood planks together *as single plank is not strong enuf*, add hooks and we tied up and hung the swing together. *will share about the other swing once it is completed*. Good thing I remembered one of the very important knots I learned during my Girl Guides days. :)

We spent less than RM15 on the material: RM5 for the wood plank, and the other RM10 for the screws, hooks and nylon rope. We hung it up at the pocket garden at the back of the house, and kids just love it.

One more swing is WIP and should be up today as one is not enough for the children. The tree swings are our sponsored items for the pocket garden and they are for public use. Other sponsored items are two picnic tables at the barbeque pit.

I need to warn that any use of these items is at own risk. We are not responsible for anyone's safety while using these items and we can't guarantee that these items are safe for use. :)

Here are the picnic tables. Now, Project Codename Bulbul is almost completed! Project Bulbul is not just about picnic tables and tree swings. It also includes building a drainage system, extraction and re-plantation of trees and grass, which was completed late last year.

If you wonder why I started off with this project... It's simple:

1. It's right behind our house and it's to our interest to make sure it looks good and serves its purpose :) No one else would benefit as much as we do.
2. It was not well maintained and we thought of taking up that responsibility. This is especially when the ownership was not clear between two parties and not much action was taken to upkeep the place. Funny thing is that ever since we do up the garden close to our place, the vendor has improved its services maintaining the other part of the garden. :) I do not intend to maintain the garden and will be more than happy to let the authorities to do their part.
3. The barbeque's pit has been sitting there for many years without tables. Isn't odd? It's like a kitchen with stove, but no dining tables and chairs to sit on.
4. Tired of giving feedbacks and complaints to authorities. Now I am focused to reduce complaints and to solve problems, but of course at my own cost *:(*

Many thanks to my sweetheart who has been helping me a lot on this project. We have been spending a lot of time outside with this Project Bulbul.

Also a very special thanks to Majlis Daerah Sepang for approving the earth work. I have yet to inform them about the sponsorship. Only then, Project Bulbul is completed. :)


1 comment:

Suhairi said...

nak main!