Anyhow, it turns out to be hummingbirds' most favourite plant. It has been getting a lot of attention from olive-backed sunbirds. A couple of them would come every morning to have their breakfast.
Here are some pictures of them. I have yet to discover where their nest is. I am sure they have one closeby.
The female is very friendly. This picture above was taken when I was less than 5 feet away from her. I can't wait to pet it one day.
Here's the male. It has a darker face while the throat is dark blue.
Both of them. :). I know it's about time to get a better camera.
If you want to attract these birds, I strongly suggest you get the firecracker bush. The plant is easy to take care of and blooms all the time. It can withstand hot sun, but if you want the birds to come, make sure you plant it around shady area.
No comments:
Post a Comment